Acupuncture Treats a Wide Variety of Health Concerns
The #1 question we are asked at the clinic comes from those who are wondering if acupuncture can help with a problem that they or someone they know has? Red Earth Acupuncture employs centuries old traditions that have proven to be effective for a broad range of conditions.
Chinese Medicine views disease and pain as an imbalance in the body. Our bodies have a number of mechanisms that regulate balance in the body: these include the regulation of body temperature, pH, hormones, blood flow and concentrations of sodium, calcium and glucose. These mechanisms may get out of balance for a number of reasons such as long time poor dietary habits, traumatic events, medications, environmental toxins, or injuries. When the body gets out of balance, we begin to see it manifested physically as disease, intense pain, digestive problems, menstrual irregularities and other issues.
Chinese medicine works to restore balance of the various systems of the body. Rather than simply treating a symptom, this approach heals the body from the inside out, and allows the body to utilize its natural healing functions.
Some of the conditions that can be treated at Red Earth Acupuncture are:
- Pain of all kinds – back pain, knee pain, headaches/migraines, dental pain, arthritis, post-surgical pain, epigastric pain, injuries, TMJ, cancer related pain, tendonitis, sciatica
- Digestive Disorders – acid reflux, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, gastritis, IBS/IBD, gallstones
- Circulatory Problems – blood pressure irregularities, hypertension, poor circulation
- Respiratory Issues – allergies, asthma, chronic bronchitis
- Women's Health – infertility, menstrual irregularities, menopause symptoms, pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum issues, urinary tract infections, incontinence
- Men's Health – too much or too little urination, sexual dysfunction, prostatitis
- Children's Health – digestive issues, bedwetting, colic, eczema, asthma, allergies, nosebleeds
- Emotional Health – anxiety, insomnia, stress, depression, PTSD
- Brain and Nervous System – dizziness, vertigo, shingles, MS, Bell's Palsy
- Eyes, Ears, Nose and Throat – common colds/sore throats, cough, sinus problems, earaches, Meniere's disease, eye disorders
- Hormone Imbalances – thyroid issues, diabetes, chronic fatigue, adrenal fatigue
- And more....
Thousands of clinical studies have been conducted and more are underway that show the efficacy of acupuncture therapy for a wide range of conditions. As part of the U.S. government’s urgent response to the epidemic of overdose deaths, the Centers for Disease Control has recently included acupuncture as an nonpharmaceutical alternative to opioid drugs (such as chydrocodone, oxycodaone, morphine, codeine) for chronic pain relief. The Acupuncture Now Foundation has recently released this whitepaper that discusses some of the studies to date.
If you or someone you know is considering acupuncture, but aren't sure if it can help, please give us a call to discuss your situation. We can outline a treatment plan for you and if we don't think we can treat it effectively, we'll honestly tell you so that we won't waste your time or ours.
If you have other questions about acupuncture and chinese medicine, please drop us an email and we may just feature your question in an upcoming newsletter.
Posted in Acupuncture, Health Conditions