Recipe of the Month #2 - Mingle Mangle
Mingle Mangle is a warm zucchini salad that can be served as a first course or warm salad.
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 Tblsp unsalted butter
- 2 shallots minced
- 2/3 cup heavy or whipping cream
- ¼ cup plus 1 Tblsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp hot pepper sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¾ pound zucchini, trimmed, cut into 1/8 inch thick rounds
- 2 med ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, cubed
- Melt the butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook 1 minute. Add the cream and ¼ cup basil. Heat to boiling; reduce the heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until thick, about 10 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, vinegar, hot pepper sauce, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the zucchini and toss till well coated. Add the tomatoes; toss lightly. Simmer for 5 - 10 minutes just until zucchini is softened a little. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of basil. Serve immediately.
Posted in Recipes